- You need to have ipkg. I used the QPKG to install the IPKG then, in ipkg, I use the repository from:
- Second, you need to install the right python setuptools (after running ipkg update, of course):
[~] # ipkg install py25-setuptools Installing py25-setuptools [.....] Successfully terminated.
Be patient, this took a while to install...
- Then, from the FlexGet page you get the right download and install it (at the time at this post I was running it like this):
mkdir /share/tmp export TEMP=/share/tmp cd /share/tmp/ wget http://download.flexget.com/unstable/FlexGet-1.0r1419-py2.6.egg ls # shows FlexGet-1.0r1419-py2.6.egg easy_install ./FlexGet-1.0r1419-py2.6.eggAnother alternative to fix the TEMP is to make the /tmp size bigger:
mount -o remount,size=128M /tmp
Make sure you change the default temp directory as it will run out of space if you use the default one.
- Now you have it installed in /opt/local/bin/flexget and you should make it work for you. Edit the crontab and add (username is whatever user you have there, or other favorite location). Beware that crontab is in /etc/config/crontab or /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/crontab:
0 4 * * * /opt/local/bin/flexget --cron -c /share/*USERNAME*/.flexget/config.yml
- Config file shold be linked also:
ln -s /share/username/.flexget/config.yml /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/local/config.yml
- Install transmission
ipkg install transmission
- Install your own rc.local that will auto-start the transmission at reboot:
cat > /share/*USERNAME*/rc.local <<EOF #!/bin/sh echo "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/lib/" >> /etc/ld.so.conf ldconfig export EVENT_NOEPOLL=0 export TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/share/transmission/web /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/bin/transmission-daemon -p 9091 -T -a YOUR.SUBNET.IP.* -w /share/Qdownload/ -g /share/Qdownload/config/ > /var/log/debug_tm.txt EOF
- And if you want to be more of a maniac and optimize the TCP/IP stack default, you can append this:
cat >> /share/*USERNAME*/rc.local <<EOF # Some tcp/ip optimizations ifconfig eth0 txqueuelen 50000 # ifconfig eth1 txqueuelen 50000 # default: 0 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rfc1337 # default: 0 echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_frto # default: 0 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_mtu_probing # default: 0 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_workaround_signed_windows # default: 0 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_reuse # default: 0 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_low_latency # default: 0 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn EOF
Comments are welcome. There are other fine tunning things that you can do also, especially regarding the transmission configuration, twonkymedia, or even flexget, so fell free to ask me questions...
Useful link for:
2. wiki: Running Your Own Application at Startup
3. Network speed optimizations